The Maintenance and Repair Of Terracotta Curtain Wall
The repair and maintenance work of terracotta curtain wall is mainly divided into three aspects:
1st – Regular maintenance and maintenance of curtain wall
The regular maintenance and maintenance of the curtain wall shall be carried out according to the following requirements:
- The frequency and period of cleaning the curtain wall should be determined according to the degree of gray pollution of the curtain wall area, and it should be cleaned at least twice a year;
- The mechanical equipment (such as washing machine or hanging basket) and tools for cleaning the outer wall of the curtain wall should be safe, reliable, flexible and convenient to avoid scratching and damaging the curtain wall surface;
- The curtain wall should be cleaned witha neutral detergent that has no corrosive effect on the terracotta and components, and finally washed with water.
Note: Neutral cleaners for cleaning terracotta and aluminum alloy parts should be inspected for corrosion. It is forbidden to use corrosive cleaners! After cleaning with neutral cleaners, rinse with clean water in time.
2nd – Visual inspection
Curtain wall surface components are damaged, such as the coating of terracotta . Structural damage is caused by exposure to the atmosphere, such as the effects of petrochemical smog, ozone, moisture and ultraviolet radiation. The speed of component damage is related to its chemical composition, physical structure and the severity of harmful effects. After the cause is identified, the time and method of replacement are determined.
The damage of curtain wall components can be detected by visual inspection. The following factors should be particularly emphasized:
- Whether thesurface of the terracotta is peeling ;
- Whether thesurface of the terracotta is cracked ;
- Aluminum color without changes;
- Rubberglue for cracks or cracks ;
- Rubber elasticitywithout changes;
Visual inspection can be performed as needed. It generally coincides with the cleaning cycle of the curtain wall. It is recommended that it be performed at least twice a year and should be performed by a qualified engineer who is familiar with curtain wall installation technology. Where it is found that the curtain wall and its openable and closable parts have poor sealing, water leakage, parts falling off or inflexible operation, the parts should be repaired or replaced at any time.
3rd – Periodic inspection and maintenance of curtain wall
After the completion and acceptance of the curtain wall of the project, the warranty period is five years. During this period, if it does not meet the quality requirements and cannot operate normally, the project contractor has the obligation to repair it. However, damage caused by man-made damage, natural disasters, or accidents is not covered by the warranty. Therefore, during the warranty period, the user unit should conduct a comprehensive inspection with the curtain wall project contractor once a year. After that, a comprehensive inspection is performed every five years. After ten years of use, the adhesion test is performed on the silicone structural adhesive which is the most unfavorable location for aging resistance.