Popular Science Tips-Methods Of Classification Of Clay Brick Tile And Ceramic Tile
The main difference between clay brick tile and ceramic tile is the water absorption rate. The water absorption rate is less than 0.5% for ceramic tile, more than 10% for clay brick tile, and half-tiles between the two. According to relevant classification standards, the classification is as follows:
①Porcelain tiles-water absorption rate is less than or equal to 0.5%.
②Stoneware porcelain tiles-water absorption rate is greater than 0.5%, less than or equal to 3%.
③Fine stoneware brick-water absorption rate is greater than 3%, less than or equal to 6%.
④Stoneware brick-water absorption rate is greater than 6%, less than or equal to 10%.
⑤clay brick tile—water absorption rate is greater than 10%.
The comparison of the water absorption rate is as follows: clay brick tile>10%≥stoneware tiles>6%≥fine stoneware tiles>3%≥stoneware porcelain tiles>0.5%≥ceramic tile.
The difference between clay brick tile and ceramic tile is as follows:
- Commonly used polished tiles and unglazed tiles. Most sanitary wares are porcelain, with a water absorption rate of less than or equal to 0.5%.
- Antique tiles, small floor tiles (climbing walls), crystal tiles, wear-resistant tiles, matt tiles, etc. are stoneware tiles, that is, semi-tile (semi-porcelain), with a water absorption rate of 0.5% to 10%.
- Porcelain pieces, pottery pipes, facing tiles, glazed products, etc. are generally ceramic, with a water absorption rate of >10%.
- The pottery firing temperature is low, there are many holes in it, and the combination is loose. The porcelain firing temperature is high and the green body is tightly combined.
- The penetration of clay brick tile is relatively high, and the penetration of ceramic tile(in the strict sense that ceramic tile are impermeable) is relatively less.
- Under the same conditions, the weight of clay brick tile is relatively light. Tiles are relatively heavy due to their high density.
- The sound of clay brick tile is relatively dull, while the sound of ceramic tileis crisp and the vibration frequency is relatively large.